Ever wonder where residents of Maui choose to get married?
Jill and Patrick live on the Valley Isle and chose to have their wedding close to home at the lovely Kukahiko Estate in Makena in South Maui. For the majority of their guests it was still a destination wedding – with many friends and family coming from Washington and Minnesota. Was it by chance that the Seattle Seahawks and Minnesota Vikings faced off that Sunday? We still aren’t sure, but the guests made clear which team they would be rooting for the next day (update: Seahawks won!)
There were many things to love about this wedding besides the super adorable couple. Jill thought of everything and even created a lot of decor. As day of coordinators, it is always fun to take all the things that a bride creates and make her vision come to life.
Here are some of the sweet details:
– Jill’s homemade goodies: A chalkboard surfboard sign to welcome guests / Starfish and raffia aisle decor / Candle and sand centerpieces to name a few
– Bella Grace Flowers decorated the ceremony chuppah with hanging orchids and crystals, and adorned the tables with tiny floral arrangements that surrounded the centerpieces perfectly
– Cake pops in the bride & groom’s favorite flavors, topped by a giant cupcake the couple cut instead of a traditional cake
– Guests greeted with fresh orchid leis and Kukui nut leis upon arrival
– Fun group photo with Tad Craig photography
– Surprise prayer in Norwegian by bride’s brother kicked off dinner
Congratulations Jill & Patrick!!
Default Gallery Type Template
This is the default gallery type template, located in:
If you're seeing this, it's because the gallery type you selected has not provided a template of it's own.
Venue – Kukahiko Estate
Bar Service – Bars Are Us
Caterer – Cafe O’Lei
Cake – Cake Pops by Liz
Day of Wedding Coordination: Maui Event Planning
Rentals – Island Rents
Officiate – Pia Aluli
Ceremony Music & DJ – DJ Del Sol
Florist – Bella Grace Flowers
Photographer – Tad Craig Photography
Hair & Makeup – Dan Sanchez Salon